Custom Search

Thursday, 1 January 2009

A trip to remember @ SummerSet part 2

Hi again!

Ok, today is the 1st January 2009 and that means it's New Year!!
So, I'm here to wish all readers of my blog a very happy and prosperous 2009!

Now, let's get back to my family trip story....
(some pictures are still pending from Uncle Zul's camera!)

The morning after, while everyone elsewhere were probably queueing up at shopping complexes for Boxing Day Sale, we played our games. There were 6 games altogether. The 1st game played were Ayah De's and Che' De's game. There were 3 teams playing and Mommy and Dadda weren't in the same team so you can imagine them bantering each other!

Team RED ready to rumble!!

Next we played Tia's game which was a Treasure Hunt. Mommy and Dadda didn't win this game because they couldn't find 2 items on the list; plus, they got tricked by Kak Miza, hehehe... We then moved on to the Trio's (Ayah Ngah, Che'Ah and Cu Na) game. Mommy got blindfolded and Dadda had to guide her to walk towards him by calling out a secret name. They won this game, obviously, knowing how loud my Dadda's voice is!

For lunch, we drove to Kuala Rompin to find a good place to eat. It was a very sunny day and all the stalls didn't look condusive for babies like me and Kak Sara so we finally decided to just go to KFC. Hahaha!! Imagine going all the way to Kuala Rompin from Kuala Lumpur and ended up at KFC! Anyway, it turned out to be a good meal and very comfortable for everyone.

Check me out with Dadda's glasses!

At around 5pm, we began to play the last 3 games and had started off with Papa and Mama's game. Everyone had to throw a ball at a frisbee which contained 10 plastic balls. Both Mommy and Dadda didn't hit the frisbee at all, hahaha!!!

I could hit all the balls better than Dadda & Mommy!

After that game, they proceeded to play Aunty Alma's game. Each team had to creatively write the word Summerset on the sand. Mommy and Dadda won that game too.

Can you believe this design made them won Auntie Alma's game??

Finally, we headed to the pool to play the last game by Mommy and Dadda. Ayah Ngah and Tia won that game which they had to push a balloon each by nose or forehead to the other side of the pool and come back swimming using only half of their body.

Pool time everybody! Ayah Ngah's very impressed with my swimming skills!

Later that night, we had dinner and prize presentation in Papa and Mama's room. We stayed to play a few more indoor games for fun and then retired around midnight.

All the prizes that we won as a family!

We had a short and late breakfast the next morning because Dadda wanted to rest a bit before driving back to KL. After breakfast, Mommy and Dadda took me for a walk on the beach for the last time. Oh, did I mention that I first set foot on the beach sand the day we played the games? I don't think I quite like the sand but the sea... oh yes, I loved the sea! Mommy held my hands while we stood near the water and when the waves broke and the water came to my feet I was excited. I wanted to sit on the sand while the water move towards me but Mommy thought it was dangerous to let me do that by myself.

Mommy, please bring me to the ocean!

Anyway, on the way back we stopped by at the Rest & Relax near Gambang to have lunch.

At the rest area with Che' Nah, PJ family official caretaker for a long time!

After a while driving, Mommy and Dadda heard a sound from under the car and pulled aside. Alas, it was a burst tyre so Dadda called Ayah Ngah, Uncle Farlie and Ayah De and they stopped to help. There were some complications during the tyre change that it took them around 2 hours to complete everything with the help of some highway patrol men.

Thank God, we're all OK!

Poor Dadda, out in the rain changing our flat tyres!

We arrived in Subang at around 7.45pm. Mommy gave me my bath and got me ready as quickly as possible. I was to join Tok Abah and Tok Mama in attending Kak Alyssa's birthday party in Bukit Chedang, Seremban. Mommy and Dadda, on the other hand didn't follow us because Dadda was so, so tired and moody.

Originally, while I joined Tok Abah and Tok Mama at Kak Alyssa's birthday barbecue party, they were supposed to attend a wedding in KL. But due to unforeseen circumstances (like the burst tyre), they couldn't make it. They just went to have dinner with the PJ family and came back to watch TV.

Wasn't I tired I hear you ask? Yes, quite. But it was Kak Alyssa's 1st birthday and I know I was expected to be there by lots of people. They are always eager to see me and everybody wants to carry me around although they know I wouldn't want to be held by anyone except Tok Mama and Tok Abah. And yet they still try...

When we reached Seremban I was so tired and I had put up a sulky face for everyone. Only after Tok Mama fed me with some mashed potato that I became a bit cheerful and wanted to smile to people. Even Kak Alyssa was tired and had a short nap before being woken up to cut cake. She too didn't really have a smile on her face. If Kak Alyssa is reading, I just want to tell her that you don't have to feel guilty for being moody that night. We're babies! We're allowed to do that and we're expected to too.

We finally arrived back in Subang close to midnight and I slept like a log! I'm sure Mommy and Dadda too slept very soundly that night.

Well, that was how I spent my Christmas holidays. Very well packed with activities! Can't wait to see all the photos from everybody's camera...


Have a great New Year weekend everybody!

1 comment:

..nadyne.. said...

Dadda, I never use BAD words such as 'SUCKS'. Please don't use that word, ok? Or else Mommy will be angry at you for teaching me bad words!

Make sure you read this too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails